Department of Economic History
"Study the past to define the future"
Education and research in Economic History - a broad social science subject with an historical perspective.
- Article "The highs and the lows: bank failures in Sweden through inflation and deflation, 1914–1926" 2023-03-13
- Anthology "National Brands and Global Markets: An historical perspective" 2023-02-27
- Article "The Role of Industry in Sweden’s Total Defence: Past, Present, and Future" 2023-02-23
- Book chapter "Tax System Credibility vs. Banking System Credibility: Tax Evasion from Sweden to Switzerland in the early 1970s" 2022-12-09
- Nya forskningsanslag till institutionen 2022-11-10
Creating Value Out of Waste: The Transformation of the Swedish Waste and Recycling Sector, 1970s–2010s
Beyond Planetary Limits!: The International Chamber of Commerce, the United Nations, and the Invention of Sustainable Development
The œconomia of iron and steel: Material transformations, manual skills, and technical improvement in early modern Sweden
Multidisciplinary research environments
Uppsala STS is a multidisciplinary research network for research on the relationship between science, technology and society in general and between science, technology and business in particular.
Uppsala Center for Business History (UCBH) is a research centre for research in business and financial history intended to yield knowledge concerning the mechanisms that influence the development of the economy in both the short and the long term.